sexta-feira, abril 07, 2006

Hercule Poirot - Citações famosas


"I do not approve of murder."

"I cannot, truly I cannot, sit in a chair all day reflecting how truly admirable I am."

"I, who have undoubtedly the finest brain in Europe at present, can afford to be magnanimous!"

"It is my weakness, it has always been my weakness, to desire to show off."

"Mon ami, what will you? You fix upon me a look of doglike devotion and demand of me a pronouncement a la Sherlock Holmes!"

"It shows you, Madame, the dangers of conversation. It is a profound belief of mine that if you can induce a person to talk to you for long enough, on any subject whatever, sooner or later they will give themselves away."

"You have the mistaken idea implanted in your head that a detective is necessarily a man who puts on a false beard and hides behind a pillar! The false beard, it is vieux jeu, and shadowing is only done by the lowest branch of my profession. The Hercule Poirots, my friend, need only to sit back in a chair and think."